Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- AMP Stories: The new Accelerated Mobile Pages format from Google
Feb 13, 2018 by Michelle Robbins
Does this doubling down on the mobile framework by adding the new, heavily visual and interactive format signal a more aggressive push toward AMP-only websites?
- Google gets in on mobile ‘story craze’ with new AMP Stories format
Feb 13, 2018 by Greg Sterling
New, visually rich mobile content format is designed to generate more engagement from users.
- Google launches new look for ‘people also search for’ search refinements
Feb 13, 2018 by Barry Schwartz
Go to a search result, click on a listing, and then click back to the search results page on Google to trigger this on Google desktop search.
- Keyword discovery and expansion with competitive intelligence
Feb 13, 2018 by Digital Marketing Depot
Analyzing big data sets is a common challenge facing enterprise search advertisers, particularly for those managing campaigns across a massive volume of keywords. For many advertisers, campaigns will have evolved and developed over time, and the keywords they are using will often be the product of years of iteration, testing and optimization. Management of these […]
- How do you optimize content for a voice-first world?
Feb 13, 2018 by Sherry Bonelli
Want to know how to optimize your content for voice search? Contributor Sherry Bonelli shares how to incorporate smart SEO tactics to increase the chance of being heard.
- Spotted: Links to competing shopping engines in UK Google Shopping results
Feb 13, 2018 by Ginny Marvin
The new look is in response to the European Commission’s antritrust ruling against Google, but it may not satisfy rivals.
- Who won the Super Bowl ad game? The spots that generated the most buzz across YouTube, social search
Feb 13, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
While the Philadelphia Eagles were this year’s Super Bowl champs on the field, the overall Super Bowl brand winner isn’t as easy to name.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Oath’s Tim Armstrong casts doubt over Go90’s future
- Optimize customer mobile experiences from strategy to execution
- Snapchat opens its advertising API to everyone
- Lotame introduces Precision Audiences to boost its data accuracy
- IAB data report: More investment, more confidence, more interest in AI and blockchain
- Kardashian Jenner sisters take Calvin Klein’s #MYCALVINS ad to top of Youtube’s January ad leaderboard
- Google announces AMP for Email – delivering Accelerated Mobile Pages experiences to your inbox
- Facebook will create a section for ‘hard news video’ within Watch
- A final call? Unilever threatens to pull ads from platforms swamped with ‘toxic’ content
- Snap sales boss Jeff Lucas steps down as its programmatic sales ramp up
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google hires former Samsung executive to coordinate Internet of Things projects, Reuters
- Grammarly Statement on Google Chrome Extension Bug, Bill Hartzer
- How to Evaluate Search Algorithm Changes: A Panic-Free Guide, Stone Temple
- Over 60% of Google Search AMP Clicks Go To Non-News Sites, The SEM Post
- The Secret To Landing Big SEO Clients – And Keeping Them Happy, SEM Rush
- Vital Hreflang Multi Language Website Mistakes That Most Webmasters Make, cognitiveseo.com
- What Counts as Crawl for Search Console?, ohgm
- What’s the Cost of Buying Links in 2018? [Study], ahrefs.com
- Yoast SEO 6.3: Giving you more context • Yoast, Yoast
About The Author