Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Google, Getty Images enter a multi-year global licensing partnership
Feb 12, 2018 by Greg Sterling
The deal effectively ends Getty’s European antitrust complaint against Google.
- Monitoring web migrations: A checklist for moving from one site to another
Feb 12, 2018 by Aleyda Solis
Contributor Aleyda Solis walks through what to monitor during a web migration and explains how to fix issues so you don’t lose traffic and rankings.
- RIP A/B Testing
Feb 12, 2018 by Sponsored Content: Sentient Technologies
Gather all ye family, friends, webmasters and digital marketing executives. We’ve come here to celebrate the life of the now outdated A/B Testing process, which has finally succumbed to the inefficiencies that have plagued its process. What was A/B? How many of us truly knew what A/B Testing was? Allow me to briefly introduce the […]
- Winter Games doodle kicks off Google’s Doodle Snow Games
Feb 9, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
Today’s doodle is the first doodle of a 17-day series celebrating the Winter Olympics.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Pixability guarantees YouTube brand safety for advertisers
- The power of shared beliefs: Market what you believe, not only what you do
- How should retailers respond to Amazon Go? 7 experts weigh in
- IAB’s first publication on blockchain in advertising paints an optimistic picture
- Microsoft’s Cortana comes to iPad, ChromeOS devices to get Google Assistant
- IAB publishes GDPR advice for advertisers who use OpenRTB
- RIP A/B Testing
- Snap offers free credits to brands running vertical video ads on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, elsewhere
- Twitter’s business is finally growing again, but its audience isn’t. Maybe that’s OK.
- What 3,000 voice search queries tell us about the ‘Voice Search Revolution’
- Does trust matter more than growth? Salesforce’s Benioff thinks so.
Search News From Around The Web:
- Google Autocomplete Suggestions Are Still Racist, Sexist, and Science-Denying, Wired
- Attorneys General Weigh In Against Google Privacy Settlement, MediaPost
- Coalition Effort to Block Ads Quietly Fueled by Google Data, Ad Age
- 5 Key Things Worth Analyzing in Your Competitors’ PPC Strategies, SEM Rush
- Google Job Schema Adds Telecommute Markup, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google’s Next Android Overhaul Is Said to Embrace IPhone `Notch’, Bloomberg
- Related Entity Scores in Knowledge Based Searches, Go Fish Digital
- Testing New Bidding Strategies Through AdWords Experiments, PPC Hero
- Unconventional Content: PR Stunts for SEO, Distilled
- Why Digital Personal Assistants Will Change Search, Stone Temple
About The Author